Limericks

Hey guys! I am uploading my limericks on popular demand. I wrote these for an online competition hosted by IIITD in the month of November 2015. I won the competition for writing the maximum number of these 5 line poems. These hashtags are basically the topics.

1. Those eyes oh those eyes
Wanna seek the truth but only see the lies
Surrounded by wrong people all around
From heaven to the ground
This world so cruel therefore away the eyes flies

2.  Roses are red violets are blue
Saw you on Facebook and wondered who the hell are you
You looked so sweet and so hot
But it was not what I thought
You were so stupid and idiotic too

3.  Diwali is a festival of so many light(s)
Which makes the sky oh so bright
Fancy clothes and amazing things
Everyone dances and everyone sings
This is a festival where wrong is wronged by
right.

4. November brings with it
a broken heart taped bit to bit
As the cold comes rushing in
the broken heart pounds on the skin
not only broken but in 2 souls it been split

5. Last night was a sad strained one
They couldn't buy crackers just saw others having fun
But the poor smiled yet again
Their job had not gone in vain
Atleast tomorow they'll be able to feed the
daughter and the son.

6. Love has no caste
Love stays with you till the very last
Love has no rules, it only forgives
Love takes care and passion but overtime double it gives
Between everything and love, love shall outlast.

7. Roses are red but so is blood
What about all the dead bodies of Paris covered now in mud?
Brothers, sisters, mothers, fathers, friends, all have died.
Many were wounded, many cried.
Pray for Paris; Pray for all who shed their blood.

8. The Eiffel tower was lit up as its routine
But last night it saw something it had never foreseen
Guns and shots and bodies and debris
Violence and bloodshed was all that the tower could see
What happened to Paris’ love and serene?

9. This Christmas i wrote a letter to santa once again
Even though that's supposed to be insane
I asked dear ol' santa to grant me a wish
to give me a wand that will flick and swish
and at the same time keep me sane,

10. Last night the girl was all alone
With some cash and her phone
All of a sudden a guy came along
Said don’t worry, I’m not wrong
and i’ll drop you to your housing zone

11. Electrons revolve around the nucleus
which makes the neutron curious
why am i the neutralizing agent
Why can't i be with the electrons - so close and adjacent?
well dear neutron you are just a bit oblivious.

12. You gave me roses with a vow
you will return said thou
November came but you never did
So to thy memories, farewell i bid
Even though, everyday i still wait for thou.

13. Green colour reminds me
that IIITD once used to be green and full of trees
but now green means steel and rubble
for everyone it is a great source of trouble
Theres only construction ; no greenery no beauty

14. My one wish was to have a nice strong beard
but the social stigmas i feared
it has always been this great great fantasy
because then I'll be called the great majesty
but soon that wish, that fantasy disappeared

15. The child asked his mother "why do i have to work?"
as the tea maker in the office of the clerk
Mother said son we are poor
if you earn we can live in grandeur
so the child quietly went away and did some overwork

16. Just like a rose you are
beautiful yet the thorns give a scar
Special but i can't be with you
the scars have turned blue
near yet so so very far

17. My eyes search only for you
Without you I feel so blue
I miss you everyday
Even the sweet cold winters remind me of May
My love where are you?

18. Babur once said to me
My son is humayun and he's supposed to be lucky
Akbhar is the third and jahangir is the fourth king
Fifth shahjhan and sixth Aurangzeb the deadliest king
And that's for today the whole of Mughal history

19. November brings with it
a broken heart taped bit to bit
As the cold comes rushing in
the broken heart pounds on the skin
not only broken but in 2 souls it been split

20. Your eyes light up the whole city
Your voice makes me go crazy
Your strength makes me strong
Your cheerfulness makes me go along
Your absence makes me go hazy.

21. Pile of heavy books full of scribbled note
Shakespeare, Gandhi, Freud we need to quote
Late night waking coffee in needing
All the books everyone is reading
For all subjects time we devote.

22. From the window of my 10th floor room
all i can see is construction in full boom
trucks, barricading, and heavy stones everywhere
All the scenic beauty, my poetic inspiration lost somewhere
because phase 2 keeps me in gloom

Comments

Popular Posts